Three friends were having a party and they ordered garlic bread sticks from a nearby restaurant. Upon arrival, they divided the number of sticks among them equally. After each one of them have had four breadsticks, the total number of breadsticks that remained were equal to the breadsticks that each one of them had upon equal division.
With the data given, can you calculate the original number of garlic bread sticks ?
In a recreational activity, you are given four different jars of 2 liters, 4 liters, 6 liters and 8 liters respectively with an unlimited water supply. Then you are asked to measure exactly 5 liters of water using them.
- The water in tank1 will get filled up to the connectivity of tank1 and the tank2 and then it will start flowing to tank2.
- The water in tank2 will get filled up to the connectivity of tank2 and the -tank3 and then it will start flowing to tank3.
- The water in tank3 will get filled up to the connectivity of tank2 and the tank3 and then it will start flowing to tank3.
- As the outlet of tank3 and inlet of tank4 are not at the same level, water will continue to fill tank3 till the inlet of tank4.
- Now both the tank3 and tank4 fill simultaneously until both fill together.
There is no reason whatever why the customer's original deposit of Rs.100 should equal the total of the balances left after each withdrawal.
The total of withdrawals in the left-hand colum may equal Rs.100, but is is purely coincidence that the total of the right-hand column is close to Rs.100.
Let us show another example, but starting with Rs.200 in the bank:
Withdrawals Balance left
Moral of this story? Don't Total Balances
Set the first switches on for abt 10min, and then switch on the second switch and then enter the room.
Three cases are possible
1.Bulb is on => second switch is the ans
2.Bulb is off and on touching bulb , you will find bulb to be warm
=>1st switch is the ans.
3.Bulb is off and on touching second bulb , you will find bulb to be normal(not warm)
=>3rd bulb is the ans.
A petri dish kept in a lab has a colony of healthy bacteria. Every bacterium divides itself into two in exactly two minutes. Now the colony started with a single cell at 2 pm. If the petri dish was exactly half full of bacteria at 3 pm, when will the dish become full of bacteria?
Since every bacterium divides into two in two minutes and we know the fact that the dish was half filled with bacteria at 3 pm, after exactly 2 minutes, all will divide into two and will fill the petri dish. Thus, the petri dish will become full at 3:02 pm.